Saturday 1 February 2014

A blip in my blogjourney



One of the things I wanted to be when I grew up was a journalist.  I have loved reading, thinking and writing for as long as I can remember.  I even got a conditional offer to study journalism at Napier University in Edinburgh, the only place offering such a course in my school days.  Unfortunately - or fortunately - I didn't make the grade academically and went on to follow other pursuits.  A love of reading, thinking and writing however, has always been a big part of who I am.

When I became aware I could read stuff, think about stuff and write about stuff online, my world became much more exciting as I realised it was just like being a real writer. 

So, my todayoutof10 online life was born.  Unfortunately, my love of procrastinating has meant the reading and thinking hasn't translated into writing as often as I would like. 

And then I found Blipfoto.  This online platform, with the brilliant strapline - save your life - encourages us to post a picture every day, with or without accompanying words.  Developed by a guy who wanted to keep an online photo diary and was inundated by people asking if they could do it to, it was just the motivation I needed to post regularly.  It's a wonderfully positive haven for  photographers and diarists alike.  My pictures are pretty lame but it's enabled me to start seeing my life with fresh eyes, ever looking for a picture to accompany something worthy of writing about each day. It's the perfect place for me to record my todayoutof10 positive thoughts. I've been blipping faithfully since Dec 31 and plan to keep it up for 365 days. 

I hope this new found discipline will enable me to blog here more often.  I certainly have enough to say.

If you haven't seen Blipfoto before, check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment