Tuesday 11 February 2014

Blink and you'll miss it

 
 
 
Someone I follow on Twitter posted a beautiful short film today. It's called 'tidy' and shows him tidying up the debris from his toddler having fun.  All the toys go in a box, the phone goes back on the hook, the furniture is straightened. And, lastly,  his discarded shoes are picked up, ready to be put away.  I won't spoil the ending, watch it for yourself.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDMe3y4Ij8
 
 
This reminded me of my own tearaway toddler and I was transported  back to the constant picking up of discarded stuff.  What seemed like the remnants of mess I now realise were the remnants of fun. The remnants of learning. The remnants of a life being lived happily. 

As I got into my car this evening I remembered I have kept one of those remnants and I look at it every day.  My 23 year old daughter's toddler shoe hangs from my rear view mirror and it constantly makes me smile . 

I can hardly believe it once fitted her. It hangs above, in all it's glory - Isn't it cute.

When she got her own car a few years ago I beamed with delight as she asked for the partner shoe, which now hangs from her own rear view mirror.  

Cherish the time you spend with your children.  Blink and you'll miss it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment