Sunday 8 November 2015

47. Now I understand




Hands up if you know all of the words to American Pie? That'll be half of everybody who's 50, or thereabouts. As a 7 year old, I had no idea what 'drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry' meant, but I happily belted it out anyway.

From 1971, this album was a big favourite in our house.
But this is the song I really loved. And still do. Thoughtful, tuneful and sung quite beautifully live.

Van Gogh's work looks really interesting up close. There are a few in Kelvingrove Art Gallery, near where I live in Glasgow. Aren't we lucky, those who can experience this for free.

The older I get, the more interested I become in artists' views of the world.

Soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.
Now I understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment